Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Of Being 23

My 23rd year on this planet has been by far the most exciting and eventful year of my life. I'm no longer 23, however, it shall remain memorable forever. Mostly cause never ever has so much happened in one year, nor has life lent so much gyaan in one year. So much so that I wish every year of my youth is like being 23 (Youth lasts till 35 I'm told by a very reliable 40 year old).

Things I did/gyaan I gained when I was 23:
1. I found peace in an environment I despised. I know I can find peace anywhere.
2. I tried LSD. Best thing I ever did.
3. I traveled alone for the first time. To places I had not known to exist.
4. I watched Soulmate live. Twice.
5. I went to Bhutan.
6. I realized that traveling with women can be fun. Also that not all women are vexatious.
7. I realized that a
rational man does not have unlimited wants. Rather it is irrational to have unlimited wants.
8. I saw more stars in the sky than I'd ever seen before (or after till date). Thrumshingla Pass.
9. I nearly failed out of college.
10. I managed to graduate.
11. I chose to believe in God.
12. I experienced the bliss of unemployment.
13. I got a job on my own terms.
14. I got sober (Realized that prolonged sobriety leads to being horny).
15. I had my first one night stand (and one day stand - separate occasions) and it all was good.
15. I have gone 5 months without taking a single day off. Miracle considering my college attendance till just a few months back.
16. I have lived, enough to know that I'm not living anymore but rather going through the motions.
17. But now I have a plan. Another first for me.

6 comments:

peter pan said...

i love #3 and #6, i think. and i love you. have a good/bearably good 24th. live life, taste, drink, throw up, live again.


be happy and if not be happy being unhappy. we shall taste life together again. in joy, the joy of the free, the joy of being the unleavened loaves the world left for the rats.

happy new whatever bhai.

peter pan said...

i actually meant #2 but i like the rest too.

rorschach said...

and so we shall. amen to all you said.

come back fast, whenever. we'll get hammered after a quick tea at vien.

then we'll leave the city and set up our own place.

but we shall always be free, for we shall always dream ;)

cheers bhai.

good said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Reluctant Rebel said...

Happy new year guru. Here's to more learning and fewer plans for 2010.

rorschach said...

happy new year to you too rahul.

cheers to more learning, and hopefully less need to make any plans.