Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's up?

Jyoti Basu is dead!!...dying..no wait dead, 'tis confirmed...false alert..dying..dead...almost dead.. better??

Lot of confusion yesterday with many at work hoping the bugger conks it cause then the city shall come to a halt unanimously in grief. An ex-Chief Minister who reigned democratically for over 26 years serves his populace even in death.

The Prime Minister is in town to meet him. Don't think they'll have much of a conversation though.

There's a Baul performance happening at Tollygunge Club this Saturday that some friends got me an invite for. However, I can't make it. My time is rented out to an organisation that takes itself too seriously.

I looked at myself in the mirror today. The hair looks smooth (almost silky*belch*), the face clean shaven, John Miller has replaced the faded chequered shirts, a pair of ironed Blackberrys where a pair of torn denims I probably bought for my 18th birthday and washed once a month since used to hang, and good ol' Bata shoes in place of chappals. Oh and socks, thats whats new with me babeh! SOCKS!!

Some people I know since school claim I look extremely "civilized" these days. The more daring venture to state that I "actually look nice". But I still look at the mirror and can't help laughing. You know a what the fuck laugh. The one thats almost a snigger but not quite.

I don't want a new life, just my old self back. Back before its too late.

Also I hope Jyoti Basu dies man. And not on the weekend. Please God let it be in the middle of the week, please please. I could use a holiday.

6 comments:

peter pan said...

you're such an evil bastard. leave the poor man alone. but here's to hoping you get chutti.

rorschach said...

dude he's 95. its about time anyway.

Unknown said...

...and he's an evil bastard.

Shamli said...

You a lovely person. Remind me not to be friends with you anymore.

Though about the holiday- I know the feeling.

rorschach said...

the bugger still isn't dead though. mch.

uncle oswald said...

Evil people don't just die...either you shoot them or they shoot themselves.

Jyoti Basu will recover. Wait and watch.