Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Of Days and Loooong Days

Every week begins with a Monday, and you know its a Monday cause you hate Mondays and you spent most of yesterday in bed. Then comes Tuesday, when there is still some recognition left of yesterday having been Monday. The flummox happens the next morning or the morning after. By the time your life hits the middle of the week the senses and perceptions have already been numbed, and the week has dragged on for too damn long to remember whether its a Wednesday or a Thursday - Funny, the days are named after father and son - and they inadvertently spill onto Friday which literally make them one long ass day comprising of 72 hours. However, Friday evenings there is hope and recognition slowly creeps back in, for the next day is to be half day (which means I'm at work till only 6pm... Le Sigh!) and more importantly Saturday, which in turn means that I'll be drunk by the time Sunday morning rolls in.

I tried figuring out what day it was today en route to work without cheating on my cell phone calender. I tried hard. I failed. Means I'm somewhere in the longest day of the week.

They call it stormy Monday, but Tuesday's just as bad; Wednesday's worse, and Thursday's also sad ...

Last time I quoted Mr. T-bone Walker was roughly 7 months back. What a difference 7 months can make.

1 comment:

Atul Vishwanathan said...

My week begins on a Saturday.. And it's a different day that starts the week for most people in this office... Yet, Mondays are special for their blues