Monday, October 26, 2009

beer o' clock

Last evening I met B. after ages. Or what felt like ages. We used to practically live together, alongwith a whole bunch of others. Strangest family possible.

B. and I gulped down inordinate amounts of beer and felt happy. Despite the intense hate-hate relationship with my university, these days I seem to find true company only amidst people I shared the worst times of my life with. I wish I were geographically closer to more of my batchmates. Hell, I wish I were in Delhi. No matter what, I'd be happy. And free.

I still am. But its too stable, too taken for granted. Too goddamn protective and easy. So much so that there is no space left for myself. I need to be around people who are too busy with their lives to bother with meeting up and faffing around everyday, but would still come and sit by for a drink/cup of tea whenever needed. Calcutta is more or less the same., its I who has changed. And now it's nice to meet people who know the present ME. With whom the conversation just flows along with the alcohol, and you don't have to think of what to say next.

But another oldtimer/lifesaver hits town this week. So here's to more beer and finding what we're looking for. Cheers.

1 comment:

The Comedian said...

..... but I still haven't found what I'm lookin' for ....