Monday, March 9, 2009

They call it stormy Monday...

...but Tuesday's just as bad. In fact for the past 2 months everyday has been the same for me. But rather lazy than stormy. As in everyday has been a Sunday. In college I attended a royal 2 classes in the entire month of January. I missed a week's classes in February faffing around in Goa. The rest of the days were mostly off due to recruitments where I failed to secure employment (which means the Sundays don't stop happening on a daily basis even after I graduate). And now, early March I'm home for almost a week and a half. The only exercise my body gets is post sunset when I travel out to our favoured tea stall on Theatre Rd. to meet my friends, who drop by after a long days work at their respective workplaces. Its nice to have salaried friends. Cigarrettes, tea and the occasional beer comes free. Its almost like your birthright to rip your buddy's wallet. I just wish I had a wallet my friends could rip off. Whats there.

By now I have completely forgotten what it was like to wake up early in the morning (my eyes open just in time for lunch these days). Even them manic Mondays have an unsettling calm and peacefulness about them.

Not that I'm complaining though. Right now I'm officially the King of Joblessness.

I hope this week turns out to be a nice, relaxed week for everyone who needs it (recently a friend informed me that he was working 55 hours non stop, including his birthday...the force be with you shona). Amen.

No comments: