Thursday, August 27, 2009

oooh oohh, days go by..

It has been a terribly long and hectic one and half weeks for me. Now I suddenly find myself a little blank and in need of a breather. Hence the return to blogosphere.

Despite the long hours at office I did have some minor excitements that the universe chucked my way. Firstly an older friend and mentor turned 40. We had a magician and good scotch whiskey to celebrate his birthday. While I'd like to elaborate on the magic show, hours of typing Form TM 5(s) - for the uninitiated...trust me you don't care enough to want to know - and answering inane client queries have induced a strange weakness in my digits and I shall refrain from indulging in providing further details. Let it suffice that it was a good show, I'd witnessed live magic after quite sometime and while I did not expect Magician Pijus (for your entertainment I am here!!) to really deliver anything out of this world, he did exceed my expectations and provided for a good half an hour/forty minutes of pure entertainment. For those in Calcutta who wish to hire the services of a magician at a reasonable price, you can find Mr. Pijus Bannerjee at 09830111195. He's also a ventroquilist in case you need one.

Besides this the football season has started again. My old favourites in the English Premier League, Arsenal have started well by netting 10 goals in their first 2 matches. This Saturday they face arch rivals Manchester United, who too have regained form after a first match loss to Burnley. It should be an interesting encounter. Pray the days of Patrick Viera and Roy Keane return and the young guns in both the teams shine through in a season that has already been overhyped by record shattering transfers.

India on their part have recovered some of their pride by defeating Sri Lanka convincingly in the ongoing Nehru Cup. I was lucky to be able to catch the highlights of yesterday's encounter against Lanka. It was amazing to see the men-in-blue dominate and crush our neighbours. India has restored some of its chances of making the final, though all is not clear. But the show put up by Baichung & Co. under pressure after their early loss to Lebanon was commendable. Special mention must be made Steven Dias who was unstoppable on the right flank. All residing in Delhi can watch the finals live at the Ambedkar Stadium which is hosting the entire tournament.

I'm still at work. The days are going by really fast, and the weekends even faster. But life is good, and football adds sufficient spice to it. I just wish I had more time to watch every match.

5 comments:

peter pan said...

pijus was there!!

you guys are crazy.

rorschach said...

you should've been there man. it was crazy!

The Reluctant Rebel said...

Pijus? The Pijus? you kidding me...football solves everything.

rorschach said...

yes saha, The Pijus. the one advertised on vien ..hehe! we tried that same no. and guess what. it still works!

workhard said...

Hey.. hope things get easy on u..

Id like to watch a magic show...

How to make a website