Saturday, August 29, 2009

Only in Calcutta

Last evening amidst the flow of traffic from Park Circus towards Char Number Bridge (Bridge no.4), I saw a Red Alto stop in the middle of the road to let out a man in a shiny black shirt who scampered towards the edge of the road and the pavement, all the while holding his crotch while dodging oncoming autos, and unzipped his pants and took a leak. Right then, right there, right next to a cop who simply shook his head in disapproval/disgust and looked the other way.

I love my city. My hometown.

3 comments:

The Comedian said...

Only in...

Man, I miss Cal.

And it's Calcutta. Always will be.

rorschach said...

true that shona. it'll always be calcutta.

you're missed here too. take care.

workhard said...

Its not just in Calcutta.. its a pretty common sight in Hyd too...

How to make a website