Saturday, June 20, 2009

Second Home

This week I found myself back in college to pay my remaining dues. I should've known that the lifting of a curse would require further penance on my part. Either ways, I'm here and the place feels strangely empty and vaccuous now that none of my batchmates are around. Its like you walk down the lanes of the University and the certain voices and demeanours that you instinctively learnt to discern in darkness or from a distance, are not there to be found. No matter how long you walk or when. Having spent five long years here myself, I wouldn't wish for any of them to be here anymore. However, watching the life continue in college unperturbed and being in the middle of it, makes me feel strangely out of place. Which is weird considering the fact that I am familiar with the darkest corners, crooks and crannies of this place.

I guess I'll always remember college with the people I've shared it with. Without them, although life goes on, it isn't the same.

2 comments:

Atul Vishwanathan said...

ya man.. it isn't the same wtithout the company that many of us probably took for granted

rorschach said...

true that. also it seems less familiar alongside faces that you're less familiar with.
guess its difficult to match the familiarity that comes with 5 years of living together.