Friday, February 27, 2009

Wnndrrrs of my life

Yesterday a friend and I were sitting in his room sheltered from a bloody hot sun, smoking and listening to an overheard Canned Heat album. Their number On the road again came on when my friend suddenly reached the conclusion that he wants to go to Pondicherry. It was 37 degrees outside and it seemed like we were in a deserted settlement with the classes having been called off. So my friend decided that this is not where he wants to be right now, he wanst to be in Pondi. I could not walk with him since,
a) I didn't want to go to Pondicherry. It was going to be fucking hot; besides I had just visited the beaches of Goa and didn't want anymore beaches in my life right now.
b) I'm broke. Absolutely.
So we finished the joint and I left him to get his packing done. Half an hour later I hear his music turned off and wondering whether he was leaving, I went out to see him. I found him sitting in his red Bon Jour Puducherry tees, with his bags, at the bottom of the staircase looking dead. He was feeling tired and wanted to sleep. So he swiftly proceeded to put his bag back on a top stair and lay down on the incline and dozed off. His sleep lasted from 3 p.m. till 10 p.m. (not on the stairs all the way though, after half an hour he came into my room on the ground floor and crashed before waking up and dragging himself back to his own room where he lay till he woke up). The trip lasted about an hour which included him packing, getting dressed, and walking down one flight of stairs from his room on the 1st Floor to the Ground Floor. Talk about living in the moment. I would've gone insane in this college had it not been for such characters.

In other news I got a SMS from a certain TM-SAVE AP that reads, "Satyam has lost Rs.7000 Cr. CM's son Jagan got Rs.500 Cr. in Sakshi, Rs.6000 Cr. in Reghuram Cement, Rs.500 Cr. in Sandur Power. Truth is all money in AP goes to YSR. SaveAP" . I say truth is a random funny thing.

*YSR = YS Rajashekhara Reddy. Congress CM of Andhra Pradesh.

1 comment: