Thursday, December 4, 2008

Into the Wild



It had been a slow and easy day at work. Having worked with 200% efficiency yesterday had left me with nothing much to do today but browse the internet. Now you find strange things on the internet, but me, I stay away from random websites etc. The only 3 things I regularly go through are the blogs of various known and unknown people I have started to follow, news websites and my mail.

The news portals online are filled with reports on the Mumbai blast and concerned as I am about the same, I needed a break. Hence I started browsing their archives and found this article from October 2005, about a 'battle' that took place in the swamps of Florida, where a Burmese Python managed to overcome an alligator and swallow it whole. However, the alligator despite being inside the python clawed at the python's stomach from the inside causing the python to explode. Its head was not found. The alligator however still perished, probably of suffocation inside the python's stomach. (See picture...that was how the wild wild warriors were found) Wnnddrr!

2 comments:

The Reluctant Rebel said...

Explode? As in with loud bang crash wallop! Wundrrr indeed.

rorschach said...

yes, in fact the headline says "Python explodes after swallowing 6ft alligator "....you'll find the link under 'gator gobbler' at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/also_in_the_news/default.stm

enjoy!