Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mornings & Headaches

This morning I woke up to a missed called by a colleague, after oversleeping through the regular alarm and subsquent 'snoozes'. Its not something that has happened till now during my short stay in Bangalore. I am working now and have a new found will to remain disciplined in life. However, not having time to ponder upon the reasons that may have brought about this folly on my part, I got into action - cigarette on the pot + brushing my teeth + bathing + iron the nearest clean shirt + get dressed + get out = 23 minutes.

I walked out of my automaton daze to the most beautiful morning in Bangalore. The single most beautiful morning. The air was light, and sweet (if one can impose a taste upon air) and the skies just refused to turn bright. It was beautiful. Ok, I've said beautiful too many times now, but please understand it was beautiful. I was fresh in an instant, clearminded, I was thinking and feeling again, awakened from my routine morning stupor. My colleaugue came by and picked me up from my designated pick up spot and all we both could discuss was the weather.

Right now I'm typing from within my chamber up on the 12th Floor of really tall building (a senior from the Hyderabad Branch visited yesterday and told me that "you're working on the Indian Wall Street"). However, in this really hip office you have no clue as to the changes that occur around you. You sit for hours in a controlled and 'safe' environment with intricate temperature controls and various other controls maintaining a perpetual homogenous atmosphere for all eternity, where you can work and remain undisturbed, unmoved, unchanged forever.

Now I know why I didn't wake up this morning, and why Tax Consultants cannot work in the open.

So I sit here and get random headaches. Another new experience in my life.

2 comments:

The Reluctant Rebel said...

Yea it sucks to not have an office which looks out. I, however, have the river thames to keep me company. So I can see the sucky english wethear pass me by.

rorschach said...

yea it does. especially when you're sitting in a glass room with only office cubicles all around you. whats the point to that glass bitch?

anyway, kudos on being my very first reader. heh. yaay!