Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Its all happening, its all happening!!! ... Band Aid voices screaming in my head (think Almost Famous).

2 Days to my departure from this office and I already feel the blood coursing in my veins. The time to fall off the map, the time to not dread the coming of the morning but to rush towards it with outstretched arms, the time to grow younger than you were and the time to be free.

Almost there. Almost.

Soon I'll be lugging 7-8 kilos in a beat up faithful rucksack up a mountain keeping pace with a couple of old timers. Only to be sleeping on state transport buses and inside sleeping bags with a tent for shelter and the night sky for company. And finally back to being able to do whatever the fuck you want, whenever the fuck you want.

Atleast for a little while.

Free (Now all I need is my Wild Indian Woman!!)

However, it shall do me good to see through these last 48 hours appropriately. Too many things to clear with too many bleddy depts. Also one must leave with one's boss's blessings in my profession. Which is really my top concern now since I have been given work today, which I ought to do extra well, and would too if only it wasn't for this nagging drowsiness. Which again is my bad I suppose. Stayed up till 2:30 am watching Heat. What can a man do when you put Al Pacino and Robert DiNero against each other with their abundance of style, guns and ammo? To top that you put in a long haired, blonde, hitman/junkie played by Val Kilmer, you're really conspiring to keep your regular run of the mill working man up all night.

Man, I'd love to be a gangster.

"We Jazz June, we die soon"

I've always been attracted to breaking the rules. Not because the rules are good or bad or right or wrong. But simply because they are there. Don't get me wrong. I'm not prescribing a lifestyle choice here or advocating anything for that matter. Just that it feels good breaking them rules. Always has you know. Its a good feeling that never lets you down. Like a tried and tested high.

However, Neil McCauley (Robert Di Nero) was too smart. Even for Vincent Hanna (Al Pacino). A career criminal was he, and with honour. Until she came along.

Eady (Amy Brenneman) when Neil (Robert Di Nero) sees her for the first time in Heat
Picture from here

The kinda lady you'd leave it all behind for (but thats assuming you've had had a life to leave behind in the first place). There's freedom there too I suspect. That makes Amy Brenneman our Hottie of the Month.

Cheers.

5 comments:

Atul Vishwanathan said...

"Just that it feels good breaking them rules.."

Here's something i found in an article i was reading:

..."would deliberately smoke below a sign saying smoking was not permitted, as a sign of his defiance. He drives through red lights in America, because he doesn’t want someone else telling him what he should do.

"Those who stand up to a tide, who stare back at an avalanche, are different. They don’t like rules. Their obstinacy may sometimes seem boorish; it may even cause them harm. But without such a streak, they would not have achieved what they had set out to do. They become heroes..."

rorschach said...

:)

"I am what I am, thank God" ... Jimi Hendrix said that.

cheers.

Priyanka said...

Good luck with the rucksack lugging; if you venture into Santhal territory your Wild Indian Woman thing might come through too :)

rorschach said...

ventured into Naga territory man. climbed a mountain and got drunk and fell in love with a Sema girl (Sema are the Naga warrior tribe!) only to be up and moving the next morning! onwards to Arunachal! Memory is all that remains now.

:)

Such is the life I tell you. Cheers!

peter pan said...

you are a band aid. happy wandering.