Monday, March 8, 2010

My father is in Japan. I wanted him to get me a samurai sword. I think I let him down. He calmly explained that they wouldn't allow weapons on board a flight even if they actually sold a samurai sword to a common man (while secretly recounting the thousands he's spent on my education no doubt). A camera, Ipod or funky watch maybe??

He's granted my alternate wish of getting me a pair of Zori chappals, so yaay!

The entire NALSAR contingent is in town for a fest. Met a lotta juniors (who are like seniors now, damn) and spoke to some I had never spoken to in college. Friday night Olypub, Kolkata was invaded by nalsarites. And well everyone got to know once the lights went out for a while. We can be an annoyingly loud bunch when inebriated and of course still in college.

It's funny being amidst your college juniors now. Its not that you're any wiser or do not have similar intentions and all. Its just that what comes naturally to them still, bears severe consequences for you. Like being hungover at work. Not the same as being hungover in class, nossir.

Anyway it was nice meeting them kids one more time (or maybe one last time!?!). These kids are waay more uninhibited than we were at their age. Good for them I say.

Also I hope and pray they win the football tournament. Please man God, please.


I have a permanent back problem now. As in it starts hurting for no rhyme or reason. Or maybe the reason is that I'm sitting upright for too long. That followed by a severe sleep starvation. As in my body and mind are tired but I still don't seem to get any sleep till late in the night. The latter is disturbing since till only 8 months back my biggest problem was that I slept too much. Like over 12 hours a day on an average. If this is life balancing itself out then I wish it wouldn't.

Somewhere in my mind I've realised that the Rorschach in college wouldn't be very good friends with the Rorschach that is the working man. This I find more disturbing than the aforesaid physical ailments, me being particularly fond of the college version.

Blue pill? Red pill? LSD??!? What have I done wrong??


3 comments:

Atul Vishwanathan said...

Rorschach in college meeting the one now... hmm, i've never thought of that. very interesting.

peter pan said...

well, the inkblots have got to change right? you never know which way they'll move and you never know what the original design was, so whatsthere. someday we shall all find wisdom and a cure for our aching backs. and maybe even a sword or two.

rorschach said...

@TJE : amen. come home fast.