Monday, January 12, 2009

kels

The word kels had evolved amidst a group of boys who randomly stumbled upon the idea that buying a banana (kela) for someone who has just fucked-up and saying kels while holding it upton his face is really really funny. Soon it caught everyone's imagination and the same word was used repeatedly on the slightest pretext of someone making a fool of himself. The word amplified the erring act and highlighted its idiocy, no matter how insignifcant the act in itself was.

Recent examples of appropriate usage :
Yesterday I had packed my bags and was about to leave campus for Goa. I'd never been to Goa so needless to say I was looking forward to the same with a great deal of impatience. So it was sunny beaches, skimpily clad women, and various intoxications that filled my daydreams while I made my way to our mess for my last lunch of the week when a batchmate informed me that I had a repeat exam scheduled, repeat for a paper I wasn't allowed to write last semester due to shortage of attendance, this week and that it was to be my last chance to clear the paper.
If you were sitting next to me, now would be the ideal time to say "kels" with an annoying nasal intonation.

Also yesterday The Hindu reported L.K. Advani saying that if the BJP comes to power this time, "India will follow the Gujarat model".
Appropriate time to say kels : If BJP wins this year.

ps: The aforementioned does not stem out of any political inclinations of the author, but rather out of common sense.

No comments: