Friday, November 26, 2010

I don't know what it is. Maybe its the weather, maybe being amidst civilization after 5 years of semi-imprisonment, or maybe its just me all of 24 but not for long. Whatever it is, its never been this hapless before. There are too many people and too many acquaintances, yet life has never felt lonelier. Almost as if out of spite for those acquaintances, who well are great people.. really. And who are still the same. The way they were when you'd left them. Left home. Yet now... now you belong elsewhere. And the friends of old, well they're just friends of old. Not companions of the present. I guess. Weird.

Nevermind. I still got music. And did I mention the weather? It is great! Fabulous in fact. Walk out of the shivering shade into the lazy sun and bask a while making the drag last inside your lungs. God bless ITC.

Also speaking of music, an old friend was recently speaking, in between sips of hot tea, of how sometimes the simplest of words and the most clichéd of tunes encompass all that there is, there was and there ever will be. In just a moment. The slight tremble of the voice, or the sudden softness in the finger picked twang, or the promise of ever returning to the start and always ending up close but not quite. Just like life, sometimes. Only sometimes.

Here's a sappy number by two beautiful and talented artists that makes me wish I was born in different times. So let the devil take tomorrow, cause tonight I need a friend..




2 comments:

peter pan said...

you know deep inside you are one sappy fucker. like there's a care bear caged inside your body.

The Comedian said...

Good lyrics. I will be giving it a sound hearing once I get back from work, where YouTube is currently blocked.

And yes; something I've been telling more and more people it seems; we're getting old.