Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Farewell Match

Last evening the reigning football champions of Nalsar played their final competitive game on campus. They dominated, persevered and also had a lot of fun. The most good looking player - guess who?? - if not the most talented, got injured and was carried off the field in an ambulance with sirens blaring and lights flaring and all. It turned out to be a false alarm. His left foot is abominably swollen and hurting, but no bones broken said the doctor. Painkillers have been a lifesaver for him.

The match was great fun, and also The Jah was found smiling upon these oldest of warhorses as he awakened a storm and strong winds in time for the game, which otherwise had promised to be a scorcher considering the average temperature has been hovering close to 40 Degrees Centigrades all week.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

It feels real good to be one, no matter how small or low the standard of game/play is.

Cheers and May the force be with us all.

3 comments:

Atul Vishwanathan said...

congrats and take care...
was wondering, the jah?

The Reluctant Rebel said...

That ankle is going to trouble u forever now.ur screwd.

rorschach said...

@ atul : The Jah...my word for some divine holiness or satan's agent that looks out for me when I'll need him the most. refer : post titled Mumblings.

@ saha : I hope you're wrong saala. you're scaring me. I've a million miles to walk yet. I need my feet.